As one of the largest sectors of the economy, tourism supports regional vibrancy.
Useful Website Links
- Travel and Tourism Research Association provides education and publications Sustainable Tourism
- Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council
- The Canadian Tourism Commission provides a number of online toolkits.
Visit the Impact Analysis Section for Practitioner Guides and examples of measuring the economic impact of tourism events.
The Canadian Sports Tourism Alliance has provided several tools. The Sports Tourism Roadmap and the Sports Tourism Assessment Template.
In the Subscribers Only Section you will find:
- Farm and Ranch Alternative Enterprise and Agritourism Resource Evaluation Guide
- Tourism Business Development and Financing Guide
- Greening your business toolkit
- Economic Impact of Tourism
- Examples of Community Tourism Plans
- An array of Rural Tourism Case Studies
- Developing Sustainable Tourism
- Online Interactive Guide to developing tourism products
- Developing tourism partnerships
- Creative tourism clusters
- Creating effective signage